GRYC Duty Officer
We are looking for weekly (Monday - Friday) and weekend (Saturday/Sunday) Duty Officers. To sign up, email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message on the club phone line 819 827-2122. View the Duty Officer schedule below.
Arrive on the island sometime in the evening after 7:00 pm or around dusk.
- Do an island 'walk about'
- Pick up obvious 'lost and found' items/ garbage, etc. (there should be none!)
- Check docks and pram shed, that items appear to be neat/tidy and stored properly. Put away anything inadvertently left out. Lock tool shed, and gas storage box and slide pram shed closed.
- Kitchen check. General tidy if required. Report if there is an obsessive amount of clean up required on any evening.so club manager can deal with the responsible individuals.
- Clean and check bathrooms - that they are ready for the next day.
- Sweep any part of the clubhouse that appears to need sweeping.
- Check BBQs are closed
- Sign clipboard and leave manager any notes.
- Lock clubhouse, or delegate to a member who is still on the island.
Once you sign-up for Duty Officer, if you are not able fulfill your position - it is your responsibility to find your own replacement and let the Club Manager know who is replacing you.
One weekend is worth 1 volunteer credit. One week or two weekends is worth 2 credits your volunteer requirement.